Thursday, June 09, 2005

Meet Mini Me

Hullo. After toying around sometime with South Park Character Generator, I come up with this new character for my profile icon (see the rightmost corner of this page, well, if it hasn’t been changed yet, again). While looked waaay cooler, I decided it’s time to put away the old picture, so not to further deceive the reader of what I really look like. It just something I made by slapping together patches of Julian-Opie portraits.

In his, ehm, 'book', Scott McCloud discussed in length the benefit of a cartoony approach. It made the character look more general, easier to relate to, and made the narrative shift from being objective into more subjective. Thus the messenger will not get in the way of the message, or so he said. But would you believe anything said by someone who looked like that? Or would you believe someone like him can even exist? You better not. Well, it’s not like I want to tell you something in particular anyway.

Save for the glasses, and the occasional hat, it has no real resemblance with me whatsoever (first of all, despite of my ego, my head was never been that big). Appropriately enough I named him as 'kasarung'. From now on, think of him as the one who write this blog. I’m just the guy who introduced him here. And the Batman t-shirt? Well, I –uh, HE does always fond of the Batman. Also that’ll make a nice homage to one of Iwa K famous song:
Batman Kasarung, come-on..!”
And so dear reader, please try to be nice to him.
(A due credit to Anne who show me the way to South Park Studio)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kasarung Jr. said...

Whoo.. the famed Annie herself! Thx for dropping by. (BTW, you're not trying to incite a flame here, are you? I know my spellng was hoorable)

09 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home