Odd Bits and Pieces
Real Life Pi. A story about Martunis, a seven years old Aceh Tsunami’s survivor, rescued after three weeks floating alone on a raft, wearing only a red Portugal soccer jersey. Lost most of his relatives, later he gain high media attention and now having the time of his life: a paid trip to watch a soccer match in Portugal, kissed and hugged by famed soccer stars, various scholarships and free goodies, and a celebrity status among his friends. A comforting story that should remind me that good things may come after a great trial or tribulation. Virtual Comforter. As a product name, 'Comfort XXL', may raise a dubious thoughts. Turn out this machine, invented by a German artist Jennifer Baumeister from an old slot machine, has quite a noble intention: at the push of a button, a screen will shows a short video of random people saying encouraging things, from two young women chanting 'You are great! You are beautiful! You are so fantastic!' to a man's more down-to-earth 'Remember, it could be worse'. I really could use one of those.
Personal Comforter. Observing that dancing along Numa-numa's clip has never been failed to arouse A sense of comfort in me, I tried to find the way to locally save the clip or search the availability of its downloadable version, so I can play it anytime I need to, even when I’m not online. While haven’t been able to do it, from our local networks of FTP servers, I found an interesting collection of Macromedia Flash .wmf files. Haven’t got the time to organized it yet, but if you're interested, you can find some of those old stuff here.
(Now you see? This is the reason why this weblogs called "a Non Sequitur")


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home